What is Hospice?
When faced with a terminal diagnosis, patients may elect to shift the focus of their care from agressive treatement to comfort care. Hospice is an approach to medical treatment that prioritizes physical, psychosocial and emotional comfort. With 24-7 on-call RN support and physicians on staff, we have around-the-clock oversight on our patients, whether in their homes or a Skilled Nursing Facility.
Hospice is 100% covered by Medicare and Medi-Cal. It is also fully covered by many private health plans.
Patients diagnosed with a terminal illness may particularly benefit from hospice care if they:
- Are bedbound
- Do not wish to seek aggressive treatment
- Experience continued weight loss and change in diet
- Encounter decreased function and mobility (i.e. frequent falls)
- Endure uncontrolled or increasing pain
- Have recurring infections
If you would like to know whether you are eligible for hospice care, please call us for an independent evaluation at 877-862-4471.
Your Inter-Disciplinary Hospice Team Includes:
- Your Physician
- Hospice Medical Director
- Registered Nurse
- Medical Social Worker
- Spiritual Counselor
- Registered Dietician
- Hospice Aide
- Bereavement Counselor
- Physical, Occupational, Speech Therapist
Who pays for hospice and what is covered?
- Hospice is 100% covered by Medicare and Medi-Cal.
- Most private health plans cover hospice as well. Please call us at 877-862-4471 to check on your specific plan.
- Medicare, Medi-Cal, and most private health plans cover medications, medical supplies and durable medical equipment.
- Unlike other companies, we offer everything you need under one roof, from private care to home health to hospice
- As the pioneers of hospice care, we are the most experienced providers in Southern California
- We have Certified Wound and Ostomy Care Nurses (CWOCN) on staff full-time
- Our skilled inter-disciplinary team will make you and your loved ones as comfortable as possible during your most difficult times
We welcome your donations to hospice, no matter how humble. Our hospice team strives to help those faced with terminal illness spend their last days in comfort, peace, and with dignity. If you wish to contribute, please send your tax-deductible donation to the VNA Foundation, a registered 501(c)(3) organization:
2520 Red Hill Avenue
Santa Ana, CA 92705