What is Home Health Care?
Home Health is our program to provide medical care wherever patients call home. Under the direction of a primary care physician, our team of nurses and therapists develop an individualized Plan of Care for each patient. Home Health may be appropriate in various scenarios, including rehabilitation after surgery, recovery after hospitalization, or when patients simply have difficulty getting to the doctor’s office on their own. We send our highly-skilled team of clinicians right to patients to improve their health and keep them out of the hospital. Services include skilled nursing; wound care; physical, occupational, or speech therapy; and of course, companionship.
Medicare 100% covers Home Health. There is NO CO-PAY/DEDUCTIBLE if your care meets Medicare’s criteria. Most private insurance plans also cover home health care. Please ask us about your individual coverage.
A patient may be eligible for home health care if he or she…
- Needs rehab after a hip replacement, knee replacement, or other surgery.
- Needs help after a hospitalization or has experienced frequent hospitalizations.
- Requires wound or ostomy care.
- Experiences difficulty traveling to the doctor for medical appointments.
Please contact us to discuss what may work best for you.
- Postoperative Orthopedic Care
- Stroke Care
- Catheter Care
- Alzheimers/Dementia Care
- IV Therapy
- Enteral/Parenteral Therapies
- Cardiac Care
- Wound and Ostomy care
- Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation
- Pulmonary Care
- Diabetic Care
- Skilled Nursing
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Medication Management
- Medical Social Services
- Dietician Services
- Pain Management
Our Licensed Clinicians:
Our clinical services are better than other agencies. Here’s why:
- Through a rigorous interview process, we only hire the best clinicians (RNs, LVNs, PTs, etc.) in the industry.
- We ask for patient feedback to ensure patients and families are satisfied with their clinicians. If not satisfied, we quickly find a new clinician.
- We have a full-time Certified Wound and Ostomy Care Nurse (CWOCN) who will actually make visits to patients’ homes when wounds are just not improving. Our competitors merely take pictures of wounds and send them back to a CWOCN, who just sits in the office.
- We have 5 Doctorates of Physical Therapy available.
- Finally, VNA provides the entire continuum of care in the home setting, from Home Health to Hospice to Private Caregiving. Whatever the needs of a patient are, we are able to provide the appropriate services.